Friday, November 16, 2007

We're expanding part two

Our VPN cloud is in the process of upgrading as well. Tired of the endless torture dealing with Juniper IPSEC Windows client, I managed to convince my boss to try something different. We've been scouring Ebay picking up used Netscreen 5GTs and placing them with out remote users. Most, if not all, of our remotes are not road warriors and don't have to be able to move around. At roughly $100-150 (They retail for like $500-600)a pop if one goes bad, I don't care. I throw it away and start over. This allows me a solid IPSEC VPN back home where I feel comfortable recommending expanding the VOIP network out to them. At some point I'm going to eventually have to upgrade our edge router and when I do, I think I'll look into Cisco's SSL VPN that's built into the IOS. That will give me the flexibility for my road warriors.
I would be curious to hear what anyone else thinks of the idea and if you have a better idea

No comments: