Friday, March 14, 2008

Backup problems


We just added another Domino server to the mix and the additional 40 GB of data broke the back of our Tape backup scheme.  We were running a standard GFS backup scheme but with the amount of data now required daily it just became to overwhelming.  I'm going to have to look into either a new tape drive with multiple heads or change the scheme altogether.  Our Irvine office has an identical setup (tape drive & servers) and my boss suggested splitting the jobs over two locations.  My only problem with this is then our offsite storage will be split into two places.  I suggested implementing transaction logging, so I wouldn't have to backup the entire database every night but that was shot down for multiple reasons.  I'm not sure where I'm going to go with this.
-PC

No comments: