Monday, December 22, 2008

Backup Exec and Domino Agent


OK, so here it the update from Symantec regarding my issue with backing up a domino agent.  Just for review, on a couple domino machines out of about 10 I would experience my domino agent crashing,  My Domino admin console would give out a c:\program files\symantec\backup exec\raws\belnapi.exe <2224/ox8B0> error about every minute and all backup jobs (obviously) would cease.  I have to reboot my machine (not just restart service) to every get the domino agent to even think about functioning as planned.  Anyway, the Symantec engineer has basically said......don't run your domino backup jobs through a policy-based job.  You must run a non-policy based job to get the functionality that I want.  So now I have to rebuild all of my jobs (for all 10 servers). I hate Backup Exec.
-PC

No comments: