Tuesday, February 26, 2008

802.1x and the retard


I must be having a rough week.  In an attempt to demo some Enterasys coolness for my boss I started last week configuring our satellite office's core switch for 802.1x via MS IAS server.  I immediately ran into issues with what should have been a simple install.  My RADIUS server was not seeing any requests from the switch.  Anyway...long story short, somewhere in the middle of my troubleshooting process I shutdown and restarted my IAS server.  At least that's what I thought I did.  I apparently have too fast of a index finger and even though I thought I clicked start server, it never happened.  My server stayed off for hours of inspired troubleshooting.  It wasn't until I went through all my server logs that I saw the line. "The Internet Authentication Service service entered a stopped state."
-PC

No comments: