Thursday, August 23, 2007

Losing the spare tire


        For about 10 years I've struggled with a very large tire around my mid-section.  After reaching the coveted 100 pounds over my ideal weight, I finally sprang into action.  Two weeks ago I started spending my lunch break walking up this treacherous hill (not really all that treacherous, but when you are as out of shape as I am it looks like Mt. Everest).  The trek is 1 mile up this fairly significant grade and then back down for the remainder of 30 minutes.  I can finally complete the walk without horrible pains in my side.
        I also starting cutting back on the amount of food I was eating.  I realize that the types of food I eat are just if not more important as how much I eat, but baby steps are all I was looking for me to complete.  I think I realized I was taking too much food for lunch when I couldn't even zip close the lunch box without squashing my PB&J sandwiches.  
        All that being said, I just got on my weight watchers scale and looked in satisfaction that I've lost 10 pounds (probably all water weight).  Of course I was completely naked and had just exhaled all the air from my lungs, but....baby steps right?

No comments: